Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh, To Be A Kid Again


The other day I was just plain stressed and so I just decided to take a break and doodle on the paper I had in front of me. Minutes later, I found I had lost myself in my doodle and forgot all about what I was stressed about. That's when I began to reminisce about the 80's and 90's...For me, childhood was probably the happiest I have ever been because I didn't have to worry about bills, work or responsibility. Don't get me wrong! Being an adult is awesome, but there are some day i wish i was 8 years old with a pen pal somewhere and rushing home from school to watch my favorite Nickelodeon shows. And then hurrying to finish my homework so I could go out and play Barbies with my neighborhood gal pals! It was such a carefree time. I miss it! So, why can't I do all of those things now? Well, for starters I would look ridiculous asking my neighbor to play Barbies with me. lol!!

The thing is, we can do some of the things we used to do when we were kids! Here are 6 things you should do just for fun.

Play M.A.S.H
I played this game a lot when I was a kid! Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House? Well, I don't have that Mansion yet! lol! This really was such an easy and fun game I would play with my girlfriends. Click here to play it again online or if you are old school, break out your paper and gel pens ;)


Gel Pens
Stock up on a variety of colors of gel pens and doodle away! Keep some at your desk to brighten it up. I used to have so many gel pens, but i especially loved the metallic colors.


Sleepover!
I have really good memories of pajama parties. I would be so excited to roll up my sleeping bag and heading over to meet the other girls and eat so much candy we would be up all night laughing and playing and gossiping. This is a great idea even now, except now you can take a weekend with your girlfriends at a spa, or vegas and just have fun!

Bored Games
Break out your old board games like CandyLand, Operation, Connect Four, Hungry Hippos and bring out that kid in you again. You would be surprised how great you will feel after a great game of Connect Four or Battleship.

And the survey says?
Watch old episodes of your favorite game shows! These are just some of the game shows I used to watch, but I am sure you can think of more.
Or watch some old cartoons like Pinky and the Brain, Kenan and Kel, The Fresh Prince of Bel-air, Wild Thornberries, Pokemon, Hey Arnold!

Tearin' Up My Heart
Break out your old NSync or Backstreet Boys CDs and perform your best version of Bye, Bye Bye in the shower or on your way to work. It will not only be the best singer (in your shower and in your car), but also put yourself in a good mood for the rest of your day.


I know there are so many more things you could do, and we would love to hear your suggestions!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips